Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Good

Ok, so last night's rehearsal went very well. We had a sing through of the whole show before we ran through it physically and blocked the final scene. I did so well and the Maestro seemed pleased with all of our performances from what he heard from the sing through. I guess all the well wishes and positive thinking really came through...so thank you for the nice thoughts :)

Now to build up my endurance and work out the pacing of the music with the choreography & blocking...whew, this is such a challenge. It's one thing to sing a Mozart aria in German well while just standing there, it's quite another thing when you add in burlesque fan-dancing choreography...this role was definitely not meant to be danced...but I will do it! If I can do years of dancing and singing in musical theatre, then I certainly can figure out a way to to incorporate it into my opera singing...that's why we have rehearsals. Tonight I have a voice lesson and with my Teacher we will work through the entire show with the blocking and figure out the breathing, support and what I may need to cut in order to maintain good vocal technique. I'm so fortunate to have such incredible people in my life, without them I'd be lost.


As for the diet and exercise front, I've lost another 1/2 pound and my muscles feel completely jazzed from the class on Monday and last night's rehearsal. I plan on taking a ballet bar class today during lunch, but that's if my girl Challis makes it into the city in time...if not we'll hit the cardio or something like. It's nice to have a work-out buddy every now and then, but I've finally reached a place in my life that I enjoy working out on my own and getting into a zone where I can focus and think. Life is good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds absolutely fabulous! I don't think there is anything in the WORLD more energizing and confidence-building than a really great performance, even in rehearsal. You're on a roll! And another half-pound gone, you can't beat that. :-)

V.