Friday, November 2, 2007

Friday, Friday, Friday

Yay...It's Friday and although that means no day job to go to during the weekend, I'm still helping my friend Becca move. No rest for the weary I guess. I'll just keep on truckin' and hope my body can keep up with my spirit.


I got a great comment about supplements. It's so true, if you're going to be dieting, heck even if not, we all need vitamins and minerals added to our diet. There's just no way to get all that the body truly needs unless you supplement it into your diet...even then the body doesn't necessarily absorb it all. However, I definitely recommend getting something as simple as a multi-vitamin if nothing else. My grandmother who is 84 and still lives alone and is VERY active, has always taken a daily regiment of vitamins and has eaten well balanced meals since her young adulthood...she's in great shape, both physically & mentally...heck she's still got a very active social & dating life...yeah, she rocks! So the moral of the story is, get your vitamins so you can stay on the healthy track. Currently I'm taking a Multi-Vitamin for Women, Vitamin C, Calcium w/D, B-100's, & Flaxseed Oil (I'm allergic to fish, so no fish oil for me). I definitely think I haven't gotten fully fledged sick thanks to the supplements added to my diet.

As for progress...I'm down 2 lbs. this week and have eaten clean every day so far. We are currently on day 5 of the detox phase and so far so good. I really do feel lean and Jake has even commented that I look and feel leaner too...weird how the progress happens so quickly on this particular diet & exercise program.

Have a great weekend! And I'll be back blogging on Monday.

Ciao!

No comments: