Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Good, The Bad, and The...

Even the sunniest of us have a cloudy day...but what truly constitutes a bad day? I could share with you some stories of a truly bad day and I'm sure all of you could share tales that would give me night sweats...but that's for another blog. I'm actually not having a bad day per say, it's more like a mixed day with high waves of insecurity...yeah one of those days. Granted I am PMS-ing and my diet's been a bit screwy because of my hog-fest over the past holiday...so I'm not as physically and mentally balanced as I should be. That said, this is what's going on. As you know, I'm an Opera Singer (see name of blog)...well I'm going through one of those times that all of us go through in life of questioning ourselves & our talents. Am I good enough? Can I really do this? Will the audience approve? and what about the director & maestro? You think you're doing great and then BLAMO insecurity hits you and you think you possibly suck at everything...not to mention feeling like a fat cow! Do men go through this, or is this just a hormonal thing...lol. But seriously, I know it all about being human. We question ourselves, and the answers don't come to fruition until I actually prove myself. However, I have to remember to muster all the courage, discipline and optimism in myself to keep going...because if you don't believe in yourself, who will? I am blessed with a lot of awesome cheerleaders in my life, but I have to really believe in myself to actually get to where I'm going. Even with the greatest encouragement, you won't accomplish anything if you don't think you can. So like the little engine who could...I think I can, I think I can...actually, let's change that to: I KNOW I can, I KNOW I can!

On a happier note, I'd like to report that overnight 3lbs. have disappeared...yep...I'm sure it's that wonderful little womanly problem know as water weight gain! I also took a new fitness class yesterday that totally kicked my butt (in a good way). It's called Circuit City (no, not the store and it has nothing to do with shopping for electronics) and it was a great circuit training class using steps, bosu balls, sand balls, and mats that completely utilized our whole bodies...and I am definitely feeling it today. I also ate really clean yesterday and today, I have a gym date with my girl Challis...so things are going great on that front!


Tonight I have rehearsal for my upcoming Opera, and I plan on going in early, warming-up fully and really singing the $H!t out all my music tonight! I plan on really kicking @$$! So send your best wishes my way...the universe will get all your mental well wishes to me and I'll be great!


Toi, Toi, Toi,

-Bex

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Bex! 3 pounds gone! It was TOTALLY hormonal. :-)

Sucks being a woman sometimes, but days like this it is really nice.

V.