Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Week 2 Blues

Yesterday's cardio was a success. I made it through the Guerilla Cardio, even though I forgot my knee braces (not the best of ideas). I won't lie, I'm soooo tired. Week 2 is definitely kicking my butt, but I'll make it through. They say weeks 2-5 are the worst...why? Due to the sore muscles physically & the lack of seeing results mentally really. You always get a great 1st week that pushes you forward, but week 2 your body is trying to adapt, and you generally don't see actual results until weeks 6-8. It's week 8 that I personally see results. The weight just seems to melt off over night, and everyone seems to notice all of a sudden. I have to remember that and keep pushing myself forward... perseverance baby! I can't say enough how great it is to have my bgf (best girl friend) Rebecca on this journey with me...she really holds me accountable and helps me really go beyond where I'd go on my own. Thanks Bex...you're the best! .

Today I'm going to knock out my Lower Body Weight Training at lunch and then I have a voice lesson after work...then I'm "free" to do what ever it is I need and/or perhaps want to do. My friend Kristin V. is in town for the next 10 days and will be staying with me for a bit. I look forward to dragging her to the gym and beyond for some really great work-outs, she says she's pumped and ready for anything I throw at her! Muahahahahaha....I hope she knows what she's saying. Nah, I know she's up for it, she's always a delight to have around and game for just about anything.

This coming Thursday, Bex & I have plans to do Masala Bhangra, a Bollywood style Indian Dance class. She says it really gets the heart going and works the lower body...boy, after today's weight training, I bet I'm gonna be feeling it. If Kristin isn't already booked, maybe she'll join us for this fun new class (new to me & KV...but Bex has already been doing this for the past few months I believe).

I want to give a shout out to my girls, MizFit and Dietgirl on their new site and podcasts at Two Fit Chicks and a Microphone...I've always enjoyed reading their own personal blogs and I look forward to listening to their antics as well. Congrats ladies...I know this will be a fun and informative venture.

Ok...I'm off to my next meal...a frittata I made and is absolutely delish. It contains Spinach, roasted artichoke hearts and goatcheese. Here's the recipe if you'd like to try it, I just change up the ingredients to suit my tastes: Frittata (Breakfast Caserole)

Enjoy!

Have a great day,
-Bex

No comments: