Friday, October 23, 2009

I Lost in Jeopardy...Baby...Oooooh...

I want to give a big shout out to Mickela Mallozzi, our Masala Bhangra instructor at NYHRC. Bex & I took her Masala Bhangra class last night and I have to say, it really is quite the work-out. About halfway through the class, Bex and I were comparing colors, as in who had a more purple face...I think I won in that area (perhaps purple is a little dramatic, I give you... magenta). I was also shocked at how soaked my gym clothes were when I got home last night as I was taking them out of my gym bag...OMG, they were absolutely drenched...so you KNOW we had a great time and definitely got our butts kicked without even noticing. That's the lovely thing about this class, it's so much fun and the music is so great, you don't even realize you're working out. Now don't mistake me...you know your sweating, breathing hard and having a few cramping side pains as your legs feel as if they're going to fall off, but it really doesn't seem like exercise...at least not in the boot camp, Phys. Ed. sort of way, and I like that! I have always loved to dance, and what a fun way to get in your activity for the day. Sadly, it looks like I'm going to miss class next week due to an event conflict, but I should be back the following week...assuming Boheme rehearsals don't conflict.

Yeah, I'm about to start getting ridiculously busy with the Opera work...I've got Boheme rehearsals starting in November, plus I leave for Hungary for a week to sing in the Mezzo TV Competition...It's crunch time kids!

Today is upper body weight training once again...this is the one day of our training program that Bex and I try to do together, besides our dance class. We need spots for the chest & some of the shoulder exercises, but we also seem to motivate each other to go beyond where we'd normally go on our own...it's a nice compromise. (Not to mention she's cute and lovely to have around...and I'm not just saying that in case she's reading this blog...hehe.) After our work out I have to run up to mid-town for an Opera Manhattan meeting. We're discussing the finishing touches for this Sunday's Anniversary Gala...if you'd like to come, it's Free Admission and you can get the information at http://www.operamanhattan.com/ and click on the orange Gala button underneath their flash show. Unfortunately I won't be there as I will be on tour with Rigoletto this weekend...oh well, I'll still get my opera fix ;)

Tomorrow I leave for tour and still have to get in my final work-out for the week. The plan is to awaken around 8ish and do a quick "Shred" from 9-9:30am, pack for tour (if I don't do it tonight), shower and get ready from 9:30-10:30am and then go for a nice brunch from 10:30-11:30am before heading to the City to be on the Tour Bus by 12:30pm. The eating is going to be tricky while on tour, but Bex and I went to Whole Foods and picked up some individually packaged organic almond butter to use in a pinch and I can always eat omelets, salads and straight up protein on the road...so I should be ok.

Monday 10/26 marks the beginning of week 4. In this week we will evaluate our fitness level, how we're doing and see if we need to tweak the program and/or change it up a bit to shock the body. I believe that I'm ready for something new and/or different in my training regiment, as I'm not really getting sore anymore after my work-outs...thus it's time to push myself further...there's nothing like feeling the good sore after a good work-out. I may even inlist the help of my personal trainer friend Jake and see what suggestions he can give inorder to up the ante in our ever evolving fitness regiment.

I must say that I'm really proud and excited that we've stuck with our program for the past three weeks without missing a work-out or cheating on our diet plan...Kudos to us...Congrats the two Becca's. I can't wait to see how far we can take this and what kind of "sick" shape we can get into...did I mention excited?...YAY!!!

Ok, so now that my caffeine has apparently kicked in, I'm back to my regularly schedule day job.

Have a great day,
-Bex

No comments: