Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Happy Birthday V

I got my 7 hours of sleep last night, and it was nice. However, I was not ready to get up this morning...I wanted more. That tells me that I have to be more consistent with my sleep in order to feel refreshed when I awaken. Ah sleep, a lovely, lovely inactive activity...How I do enjoy it when I can get it...yes I'm still talking about sleep. I'll try again tonight to get at least 7 hours, but that all depends on the events of the evening.

Wow...This Photo is really distracting, but so cute:

Today's schedule includes cardio at 12ish pm, then back to the day job, and after work I have my voice lesson from 5-6pm followed by a birthday dinner for my friend V (reservations are at 7:30pm). This is V's last year in her 20's and she wants to celebrate with a big steak dinner followed by drinks. My girl Bex and I have already come up with the plan on how to dodge temptation, sabotage, and all around scary choices. Are plan consists of splitting a steak with 2 green veggies as the sides, no wine, and no dessert...plus we have each other there to help keep each other strong. So I know tonight we'll stay on the plan, and hopefully it won't be a late night as I would like to get home and go to bed at a decent hour.

So far the eating and the exercise are on course and it seems that I'm finding my groove in this whole new lifestyle. When I do start introducing more "carbs" back into my diet, I think I may leave gluten out as I always feel rather lousy when I eat it. There are so many foods out there that contain gluten, that people don't even know they're eating it...read the labels peeps, always know what you're putting into your body. The great thing about living in NYC is that there are so many options for eating and if one wants to avoid the dreaded gluten gunk, you can find everything from gluten free cupcakes to pizza...no one has to give up anything, just make smarter choices :) I generally like to stick to the rule that I will eat mostly whole, natural, unprocessed foods if I can get it...and if it's organic, even better. The simpler the food, the simpler the planning. You can't go wrong with fresh veggies and such...so easy and so yummy...I especially love roasting my veggies with a little olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt, it really brings out the flavor.

I've rambled enough about food, time to get back to work. Have a great day everyone...and once again, Happy Birthday V.

-Bex

No comments: