Thursday, October 22, 2009

Balle Balle

V's birthday party last night was at a lovely steak place in Astoria, NY. Bex & I stuck to our plan and split a really delicious NY Strip with asparagus & spinach on the side. I finished the meal up with a decaf latte and it was just enough to keep me from craving dessert. Our reservations were at 7:30, however we didn't get out of there until 10:30 and thus I didn't get home until after 11...meaning bedtime was 11:30, but I couldn't fall asleep until 1am...UGH! So needless to say, I am very tired today. I really wanted my 7 hours of sleep last night...oh well, birthdays are very special things, and you shouldn't rush through life if you can help it.

Yesterday I did guerilla cardio. Seeing as how I got up to 8.0 on the treadmill last time, I started at a higher level this time, and so now the bar is set at 8.0 for now as the finishing interval speed. I think I'll try to work my way up to 10 (how high does the machine go?...is there anything after 10?) If there isn't anything after level 10, then it must mean I'll be going longer at the higher intensity levels OR start adding in the incline if my knees can handle it. Eh, I'll just experiment to figure out the right mix.

Today we continue on with our Masala Bhangra class from last week. I have to say it definitely got the blood pumping, so much so, that my face was purple for an hour afterwards...let's hope we get just as good of a work-out as before. Afterwards I have a date with the Maestro to go shopping for new slacks for him and some unmentionables (I guess I just mentioned it) for me. And since we're mentioning it, this shopping trip is a much needed one. He and I are both at an in between stage with our big clothes being too big, but our small clothes not quite fitting. If you've ever worn undies that were too big on you, you can understand the maddening effect it has on you...I mean there's nothing worse than being afraid that your drawers are going to fall down around your ankles as your walking down the street! TMI? Meh.

Anywho, I'm off for my second cup of coffee...I think this may be a caffeine induced kind of day.

Have a great one.

-Bex

No comments: