Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Alright, it's already started...the offers of chocolates, candies and cookies...and it's still the morning! In fact, one of my co-workers just put a Halloween cupcake on my desk, yet I wasn't the least bit tempted (actually I thought it looked a bit disgusting with orange frosting and candied corn sticking out...blech!) I've been holding strong and steady. The past two days have been really good, no slip ups. I've been right on track with my diet and had a lovely work-out yesterday (I really felt the burn - granted I think that's because I'm terribly out of shape).

I'm currently sipping my decaf coffee and trying to decide what to have for my snack at 10:30 a.m...probably pumpkin seeds...I mean it IS Halloween after all :)

I've already lost a couple of pounds this week (the first two weeks you drop anywhere between 8-13 lbs.) and this while on my period...it's a miracle...lol. I really feel good too. Something feels different inside; cleaner, leaner, a definite change is happening. Always listen to your body, it has so much to tell you...mine is certainly speaking loudly. The carb cravings aren't as bad either, which is nice...that usually takes the first 2 weeks to get through. So I have a positive outlook and start to the program and I feel it's going swimmingly.


Now to really up the ante on the working out. I've only been doing cardio so far...Jake and I have had such opposite schedules that we haven't been able to have a training session yet for him to show me the kettle bells. That's alright, I'll figure something out in the meantime. Push-ups, crunches, squats and stretching are simple and efficient enough until I can learn something new to add in...AND it uses your own body weight as resistance, so it seems a safe enough way to get started.



Happy Halloween Kids, and avoid the candy & empty-carb Witches if you can! *cackle cackle cackle*

No comments: