Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Day 1: Always Promising

So here we are, it's Wednesday, that's right, the middle of the week. WhAt? I'm starting my "program" in the middle of the week in the middle of the day in the middle (almost end) of the month? Eh...why not. No time like the present, so let's get started.


Day 1: The goal to eat well (healthy) and get at least 30 minutes of exercise.


Food:


8:30 am - 1/2 a blueberry muffin and a decaf coffee w/half & half.

*Note: That's soooo not healthy, let's try some eggs or something tomorrow morning instead...my body doesn't handle sugar very well.


11:30 am - 15 almonds and a cup of chai tea (redundant)
*That's better (yay vitamin E)

More times and foods later as the day progresses.


Exercise: 30 minutes of cardio
(Treadmill - 4.0 speed, 10 incline, 314 cals. 3 miles)

Stats:

Height: 5'4

Weight: 140 lbs. (not terrible)

Body Fat %: 35% (oye! are we kidding...how did this happen?)
*Note: The Goal...I really want to be 18%...whew, now you know.

Background:

At my heaviest I weighed 186 lbs., not good on my 5'4 frame, and just recently I lost 20 lbs. on the SouthBeach diet. However, I don't think my Body Fat % has ever been so high. It was only 30% when I was at 186 lbs. and then it was 26 % when I was in the middle of loss at 168 lbs. I've definitely done something wrong, or at least I haven't done enough right. Dieting is just not enough, nor is just Cardio. I have to do resistance training...not only for my bod to tighten up and look good in a bikini ;) but for my well-being, and bone density...hello, I'm not getting any younger AND osteoporosis is another lovely affliction that runs in the fam. So, I've got to visit the dreaded weight section of the gym and really do something in there.

Pros/Cons:

Pro: The boyfriend, Jake, is a personal trainer and a good one at that. All his clients see results and are very happy.

Con: Our schedules are crazy, and we hardly see each other, except to say good morning and good night...how do I utilize him?

Pro: He has volunteered to help me (how nice)...and create a program for me to follow.

Con: I'm such a stubborn, pig-headed person and I suck at taking advice...I want to do it my way and take all the credit (This is definitely one of those times to suck-it-up, shut-up and listen to what others have to offer...especially if they know what they're doing)

Pro: I'm learning, even as I type this (hmmm...somebody IS home)

Con: Now I have to STICK WITH IT! Did I mention Stubborn & Pig-Headed?

So I guess the moral of the story is: Be big enough to accept help and listen to what others have to offer. Not brain surgery is it?



Addition: I'm inserting a page of what my fitness & nutrition log looks like, not the most legible...I'll do my best to insert a better pic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just for the record, I think it's great that you're going to start doing some strength training. I was always very resistant (hah, no pun intended) to doing it but once I started I fell in LOVE with it. I still hate cardio, but I live for my sessions with the weights and/or resistance band!