Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I know

I've been MIA for way too long, but I was up in PA shooting a film short for a possible SAG Feature film. Oddly my film career is happening and I'm not even trying. As for my opera career? It's all turned upside down as the rest of my life is right now.

I broke up with my boyfriend of 3 1/2 years, I'm shooting films, I'm getting opera contracts that don't offer me much more than cover roles and chorus, and I'm questioning my validity in the world that I'm pursuing at the moment. I seriously have alot of thinking to do and much to accomplish and I feel a bit lost at the moment. I'm sure all will present itself in due time...I just trust things will work themselves out.

As for diet and exercise; I gained 5 lbs. while on location for the film shoot, thanks to craft services and Doritos. I haven't eaten Doritos in I don't know how many years...it seriously may be close to a decade...but boy are they yummy...I can see how people get addicted. The good news is that I've had two full days of healthy eating and hardcore working-out and the weight is already coming off. I have about 2 weeks to finish getting in shape for my Bday celebration and I will not be derailed.

Sorry to have disappeared for so long...but I'm back now!

xo,
-Bex

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bex, I'm so glad to see you back! It sounds like your life is definitely in one of those transition stages...which is stressful, but I think it's very good because it prompts enormous soul-searching and lots of lessons and wisdom gained. I think you've got the right attitude; things will work out as they're meant to, and you'll be so much stronger and wiser, which is great. It's just a bit hard getting through it...lots of hugs, dearheart.

As for the 5 pounds, eh, it'll be gone before you know it. Probably mostly fluid from the salt anyway. You're going to rock the birthday dress. :-) (And possibly the birthday suit, too, but that's a totally separate issue!)

V.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like we are going through some similar things. My wife (of 10 years) and I filed for divorce earlier this week. Somewhere along the way, I lost me. I loved being a husband and father, but was not happy that I was no longer a happy "individual". Best wishes to you as you make your journey.

Anonymous said...

i've been AWOL too, but wanted to say hey. This is a tough row to hoe, but I know things will work themselves out.

PS-I'm not going back to Dicapo

Rebeca said...

Bex, I'm so sorry that things are so 'up in the air at the moment' with all these major changes and such! I'm sending your millions (make that billions) of hugs and good thoughts though!