Wednesday, September 2, 2009

3rd Day Back on the Blog

So far so good...as I am still seeing good progress thus far - down 3.5 lbs. in 2 days. I don't want to jinx it though or scare it off, so read this blog in your whisper voice. I have to say when I do things right I tend to do them well and see progress, I just have to be consistent. Sadly, consistency is the problem...I allow too many obstacles to keep tripping me up on my journey to healthdom. I could ask the "why, oh why?" question, but why? That would just being self-defeating in the overall picture. I know why...life just happens, and I just need to make strong, smart choices as they come...that's all...right?...HA! Oh well, I always go with the motto, "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again." Thus I will keeping going, and keep trying until I do it! And if you think about it, if you're trying, then you're already doing...think about that.

On the opera front: Rehearsals for "Emmeline" at Dicapo Opera are going very well, this is going to be an amazing show. I really adore what the stage director has and is doing with this opera...it's truly inventive and beautiful, not to mention very physical. He's got the lead soprano (who sings sooo beautifully) rolling around on the floor, with her head hanging over boxes and sitting stark still in a chair whilst she sings throughout the show...not to mention that the ensemble is practically choreographed in everything they do...it's been a meticulous rehearsal process, but very fruitful...Again, this is really going to be quite an amazing and visual show...not to mention the great singing talent within.

On the fitness & nutrition side: I'm feeling a bit tired due to only 5-6 hours of sleep a night, but that will be remedied as soon as we're done with the production on Sept. 13th. Other than that I do feel pretty good and energized considering. I'm sure it has to do with the healthy eating and how often I'm doing it. Eating Organic has been really positive thus far.

Here's today's log and stats:

Weight: 153 lbs.

8:00 am - 2 medium organic hard boiled eggs (152 calories), water, organic decaf skim milk latte w/2 tsp. agave nectar (milk 110 calories + agave 28 calories)

Supplements: Multi-Vitamin (Trader Darwin's Women's), 1200 mg Calcium w/200 IU vitamin D (10 calories), 595 mg potassium gluconate, milkthistle.

11:00 am - 1 medium orange (62 calories) & 15 raw almonds (105 calories)

1:30 pm - Chicken w/veggies in a spicy basil sauce over brown rice (350 calories) & steamed veggie dumplings (150 calories)

2:30 pm - Workout: 1 hour of moderate walking

4:30 pm - Coconut water (65 calories)

6:30 pm - Organic Quinoa (127 calories) & Organic Red Beans (110 calories)

8:00 pm - Coffee w/skim milk (110 calories)

Total of 1351 calories

Total of 7,000 steps today


Have a great day folks!
-Bex

No comments: