Thursday, May 7, 2009

Getting it Together

Allergies are soooo kicking my butt. I've got major drainage and a sore throat from it. My throat was so irritated last night, that I kept waking up every hour throughout the night...ugh...I really hate that. I'm not too tired today, but I do have a long day ahead of me and may make some homemade ginger tea to help soothe the throat and open up the sinuses....I'll have to settle for sugar-free Ricola until then.

I received two new Jillian Michael's DVDs (Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones) in the mail yesterday and I'm pumped about trying them out. We'll see how these new DVD's stack up to my favorite The 30 Day Shred...they received higher ratings on Amazon.com than my lovely Shred, and they're 30 minutes longer in the duration...so who knows, I may end up a pile of mush afterwards (which I love). I won't be able to try them until next week, but I'll let you know how it goes.
I also received two new cookbooks in the mail Hungry Girl: Recipes & Survival Strategies for Guilt Free Eating (whew) and Hungry Girl: 200 Under 200. I'm interested about adding these into my ever-growing archive of recipes and regularly usable foods. I already use and love her spinach artichoke dip recipe (which I used to make stuffed mushrooms) and adore the Kale Chips...I can't wait what else she has instore for me in her bag of tricks. Yay Hungry Girl!...and she also has a great site to check out.


Also, after this weekend is over, I should be able to cook more regular meals instead of relying on string cheese, nuts, yogurt, eggs and salad...I've gotta get more foods into my diet, and thankfully I've got more time to do that very soon. Plus the Maestro needs prepared food so he can eat well during his 12 hour work days.


Last night I began the reorganization plan for my apartment. I totally emptied my bedroom of clothing and started making "donate" and "keep" piles. Once that's organized then I will do the same to books, shoes, jewelry and other miscellaneous things such as paperwork (big undertaking.) I am such a pack rat and have got to learn to let go. I'm also on the hunt for a cheap wardrobe/closet to utilize in my bedroom, and a tall cabinet with a door for the hall to keep linens and towels in. This should open up closet space even more and make for a more functional home. I'm tired of putting linens and towels in suitcases and boxes under the bed...I need to get to them easily for usage...and so does everyone else in the apartment. I plan to have the sorting of all things done by this weekend, and then the rest of the reorganization completed by the end of May. I think that's a reasonable goal.


Other than that, I submitted my first NaFOS article to MizFit Magazine...I hope Miz has a successful launch, she deserves it.


Have a great day!

-Bex

1 comment:

carla said...

and there are lots of new things coming your way from me as well....details soon :)

CAN NOT WAIT to hear what you think of the metabolism book by Jillian.
I need to know if I should buy it please.

Miz.