Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Breaking Through

It seems that I've finally broken through my latest plateau! My girl KS is this week's Guerilla Cardio buddy, and I'm incorporating my first solo weight training session back into my routine. It's been awhile since I've hit the weights solo, without a dvd, or trainer guiding me through a workout and I feel a little lost as to where to begin. So I shall revisit my old work-out logs, and surf the Internet before I hit the gym. I want to go with a plan so that there's no procrastination and no excuses (hey, if you fail to plan, you plan to fail). Feel free to hit me up with your comments if you have a great weight training program that I can do in 30-45 minute sets. I'm thinking different muscle groups on different days? Like lower body & Abs? Chest, Back & Biceps? Please do share.

I remember the intimidation my very first time at the gym...feeling soooo lost when it came to weight machines and free weights. I was completely clueless. Luckily I had lovely friends that did have experience and that were happy to start guiding me along on my quest. Then I did the Body-for-Life thing, and that just increased my knowledge with exercise. And now I find myself back to where I began...ok, not really. I know how to weight train, I know proper form and I know what my limit is...I just have to start slow and work my way back to a regular practice.

On the singing front, I sang my audition for Dicapo Opera yesterday afternoon, and I felt it went really well. I have satisfaction that I sang a successful audition and I'm satisfied with that...getting roles for next season would just be icing on the cake. The General Manager even commented on my vocal growth since last year...awesome! So things are going swimmingly in that department.

As for NaFOS The Transformation, its now time to get the participants on the road of serious fitness, now that their eating seems to be on a good path. We're finishing up our proposal for gym sponsorship and I need to do everything in my power to make sure our participants are working out at least 3 times a week. I really want to help them in their journey...so now I need to make some calls and set up this week's fitness classes.

Have a great day!

-Bex

1 comment:

Dr.Rutledge said...

Hi Bex,

I DO hope you got that role.

I'm a physician and former faculty member at Harvard and Stanford Medical Schools. I discovered your blog while looking for the best health writers on the web. I reviewed your posts, and think your writing would be a great addition to the Healthy Living Community on Wellsphere, a top 5 health website that has nearly 5 million visitors monthly. If you would like to learn more about how you can join our Health Blogger Network, republish your blog posts and be featured on the Wellsphere platform, just drop me an email at dr.rutledge@wellsphere.com.

Cheers,
Geoff