Monday, February 25, 2008

When it Rains it Pours

Yeah, I've been terrible at this posting thing lately. I was out most of last week with Strep throat and just haven't been up to much of anything. Currently, I'm getting over the strep nicely, however NOW I'm totally PMS-ing...when it rains it pours, eh?

So let's see, time to catch you up on the comings and goings. We're currently in performance at Dicapo Opera doing The Dangerous Liaisons. My involvement includes, hair & make-up, wardrobe assistance, and singing in the off-stage chorus. It's made for an interestingly busy time at the theatre, never boring, and I do adore helping my fellow performers (they're good people). I've also upped my vocal coachings and have been learning a good amount of music...it's nice to be pushed to learn pieces quicker than I normally would on my own, having a coach really does give me that extra push beyond just working on my technique with my teacher (another very important part of singing). Plus, it's beneficial to be taking from a Maestro that's very talented, not too expensive, and will be a nice connection for possible future gigs. Coming up soon we'll be doing the RA Cabaret at Dicapo where we tackle the musical theatre world...that's right up my alley kids. Musical Theatre is a good old friend of mine and we work well together. I just hope I get something good and meaty to sing for the show.

On the exercise and nutrition front, I have to admit I've been pretty terrible. Lots of living on bagels, chicken rolls and Chinese food...very bad. Quick, convenient and cheap...that's what's been called for as of late. And with me being sick, it hasn't afforded me much in the way of planning or making sound decisions, much less work-out. That's right, I haven't worked out in over a week now...boo! So now to right the wrongs and start eating and exercising in a good and healthy manor. However I may allow myself some sushi tonight because gosh darnit, I just want it! (and chocolate)...lol...can you say Hormonal?

Have a great day!
-Bex

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL...I'm glad to hear from you though! I've been a bit worried.

How in the world do you sing with strep throat?!? You are a strong woman than I am, for sure. :-)

I want some chocolate too...and some potato chips. Badly. I'm trying very hard not to cave but I just don't know...

I am glad you're feeling better though, and hopefully the PMS will vacate the premises soon so you can be back in fighting trim. :-)

V.