Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bronchitis

Yep, the title says it all...I've got Bronchitis. It started out as a measly little cold and then became a lovely case of coughing. There's really no "cure" for Bronchitis outside of time...so now I'll just lumber along hacking my brains out until it runs its course. Boooooo...

Other than that, I'm actually VERY proud of myself: I've stuck to my diet and lost 10 lbs. in 3 weeks so far. I haven't been to the gym since getting sick, but at least I've kept the eating clean and it's been showing results. I'm sure I'd feel alot worse if I were eating crappy on top of being sick. Usually when I'm sick I cave in and eat junk food and justify it by saying that I deserve comfort food since I'm so uncomfortable...but not this time...I justified eating healthy to help myself get healthy instead. I didn't even give in to the soda cravings...I haven't had a soda in 3 weeks...nope, not a one. I actually do think giving up the soda (even though it was diet) has helped me in my weight loss journey this time...and I finally feel that I'm getting past the point of actually wanting or craving it. My joints don't hurt anymore either, so something good is going on with all this clean and healthy eating...and I'm sure taking my vitamins doesn't hurt either.

My only negative is the sleep factor still...I'm deep in Opera season with many shows on the horizon, both performing and tech-wise and it's definitely pulling me in a million directions all at once and leaving very little time for sleep. As usual my days start at 6am and go until Midnight (add nightime coughing fits) and voila, a recipe for exhaustion. Yeah, I know, that's not going to help me recover from Bronchitis any quicker, but what's a girl to do. I need my day job to eat (and they are having another round of lay-offs here) and I need my night jobs to pursue my Opera career. Speaking of, the Opera career is going quite well and it seems that the hard work is starting to pay off. With Die Fledermaus coming up, I've actually received other "Fledermaus" audition offers. In the Opera business it's a catch 22...in order to perform a role, you already have to know the role...so it's up to the artist to learn it on their own at all costs. Nobody's going to trust you with a role on a mainstage production if you don't have the experience...just like you wouldn't trust a forklift to someone who's never driven. So I'm very excited about all the possibilities coming my way.

Now to today's plan: I will continue to eat healthy, in fact I think I'm going to go order an omelet in a few minutes...mmm... AND I will try to get to bed early tonight...hopefully I can keep the coughing down to a minimum.

Have a great day,
-Bex

No comments: