Monday, January 19, 2009

So Smug

I know, I've been pretty lax about my blogging lately, but I've been really good with my eating...I've lost 8 lbs. in the past 2 weeks and I'm on my way back to the good healthy lifestyle.

Fun Happy News: Shauna aka Diet Girl is in NYC doing book promo stuff and I've had the pleasure of hanging with the fabulous ginger. She's so funny and down to earth, you can't help but love her. I even shamelessly purchased her book in front of her (several copies for my gf's) and made her sign every one...I've no qualms about whoring out my friends...and she even got a hand cramp because I made her sign so many copies...yeah, I'm terrible.

I had my cheat day with Shauna...we went to a little British eatery where they serve Tea, Scones, and the whole Shepherd's pie sort's of foods...I wanted to know how our little Brit place stacked up against the authentic types across the pond...the verdict...very good...the scones got high marks, as did the other dishes we shared. It was good my cousin tagged along or we probably would have way overdone it...yay for sharing goodies...it was a 3rd of the calories that way...if you're gonna cheat, make sure to take a buddy so the damage is minimal...everything in moderation kids. I forgot to mention, I also made her walk forever in the cold to and from, just to get to that little place in Greenwich...but hey we had to burn the calories for our little cheat meal...so it all balanced out in the end. It seems I make poor Shauna walk for days when she visits NYC...lucky for her she's a walking pro...heck she's a trained walk-a-thoner, so I know she can handle it. Heck I'm the one limping by the end of the night, due to my not-so-practical footwear that I always seem to don...meh, such is fashion in New York.

As for the rest of the week...well I've had my cheat meal, and now it's back to good, healthy eats that don't include empty carbs or processed sugars. And yes, I even hear the call of the gym...

Have a great day, and try not to hate me too much my fellow DietGirl-lovers...

xo,
-Bex

No comments: