Monday, February 2, 2009

Here's Hoping

So let's hope I'm not jinxing myself, but I feel on the up and up side of this Bronchitis crap. I'm finally sleeping through the night with hardly a cough and the days are going well too...definitely less coughing fits. So I think I'm on the mend kids and I can soon kick it at the gym...or the gym will kick me...either way there will be gym and some kicking in the mix.

The eating has remained clean too...sorry but we must have a self-celebratory moment...YAY ME!!!...ok now that we've done that we can elaborate. I'm very excited that I haven't cheated or caved in to the little temptations about me. I worked "Le Nozze di Figaro" this week & weekend and several girls in the cast brought cookies and candies as thank yous to everyone. I said thank you and didn't eat a one...in fact I even went as far as to go to the Duane Reade (drugstore) and purchase some sugar-free Ricola for myself so that I'd have something sweet and cough-suppressing to get me through. It really helped...AND I only ate authorized foods full of nutrients and proteins :) The only bad part was the reduced amounts that I usually get due to the crazy long hours...but I did make sure to get enough calories. Basically I couldn't get in my 5-6 little meals, so I had to settle for 2-3 decent sized meals. Now I'm back at my day job, the little meals will be able to continue.

On the Opera front, lots of good things are happening. As I said in a previous blog, that I have other "Fledermaus" offers in the works...and I'm now currently learning one of the hardest coloratura arias (IMO) to ever be written, Zerbinetta's aria from "Ariadne auf Naxos" and yes that's in German folks. Richard Strauss is one tough composer...but do we expect any less from a German composer? So learning this role and Gilda from "Rigoletto" are my current endeavors, on top of my upcoming role in "Die Fledermaus". I will feel a lot better once I have all the roles under my belt. I'm hoping to perform Zerbinetta in July 2009, and would love the opportunity to do it with The Baltic Opera in Poland in October of 2009...but that all depends on my Mezzo Competition Audition at the end of March...thus I've a lot of work ahead of me for the next couple of months.

Speaking of work, it's time for me to get back to my day job.

Have a great day!
-Bex

1 comment:

Shauna said...

well, huge YAY's all round in this post :) glad to hear you're on the mend! xx