Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Nature of the Beast

I dragged my tired, sickly butt to the audition last night, and I feel it went quite well. I was able to perform and get every note out including a nice sustained high D at the end of the aria. The only thing that I would like to have had more of would have been power, but you can only produce so much when you're sick and with my ears stopped up right now, I couldn't tell you if it was loud enough anyway. Too bad I have to wait to find out if I got the job or not, but again I'm getting used to rejection. In a business like this, you get a 100 no's before you get 1 yes...it's the nature of the beast. Speaking of Beasts, Dicapo Opera's production of Beauty and the Beast goes up this weekend and I've been contracted to do the Hair and Make-Up for the production. This week is going to be a bit tough, especially in the rest department, but I'll make it through...let's just hope I don't get any sicker.

As for the weight gain, 2.5 lbs. are already gone...the fluctuations are really annoying, but that's the way it is when you're a girl. I just have to continue on my healthy regiment and do my best, 'cause really that's all one can do. At least the scale is going the right direction, and my body is totally sore and worn out, so I must be accomplishing something. Currently my only complaint is that Jake (the awesome personal trainer boyfriend) is working sooo much lately that I don't know when I'm going to get in a boxing session again. I'll probably have to wait until the weekend, so I'll come up with other ways of challenging myself in the gym...ooh like that Fat Burning Pilates class they have on Fridays, it's really fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep on keepin' on, darlin'! You're doing great, it's awesome that you're seeing the gain disappear already. You're right, being a girl just sucks sometimes. Not that we would want to not be girls though. :-)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your audition results. Take care of yourself, you've got such a lot going on to be sick. You don't seem to be slowing down much though; hopefully the germs will figure out they're not winning and just give up.

Anonymous said...

Just keep doin' it! Those "yes"es will come if you just keep doing yo thang!

Sorry you don't feel good. :( Toi toi for Beauty and the Beast!