Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sad News

My Dear Friend and Brother-in-Law James passed away Monday night after his 2+ year battle with phase IV Melanoma cancer. He was 37 years old and leaves behind two children, Isabella (10) and Ren (19). My mother has been living there with him and the kids for the above mentioned duration and taking care of him, the house, the bills, the kids (not to mention her own house and bills - she's a retired school teacher). It's been a long and hard battle for everyone, and he was very much loved. Unfortunately, James lost his job and was unable to work throughout the entire ordeal and had no health insurance, and so they have a ridiculous amount of medical bills and now funeral arrangements to deal with. I hope this doesn't go against all etiquette, but I'm asking any of you who can spare a few dollars. I know that economic times have been hard for everyone, but please understand that any amount is not too small...anything helps and it adds up and helps them keep the water and electricity on for another month and hopefully keep foreclosure on their house from happening somehow. I'm a bit embarrassed to ask, but the circumstances are truly dire.


If you would like to help, you can donate through this link that I set up with PayPal to go into a memorial account for the family. I am truly thankful for any help you can give, but I also understand if you're unable to right now with the way things are with the economy, you're prayers and good wishes are very welcome.

To my friends who already know this and have already pledged help, I am so very grateful, and thanks for stopping by the blog to read and check up on me.

Best,
Bex

No comments: