Friday, July 30, 2010

Goings On

I’m still sore today from all the working out this week…surely it can’t be from just that one class on Tuesday? Granted we did take Masala Bhangra last night and it was so much fun and it went by rather quickly. My girl Challis and I really enjoy these dance classes, however we are considering going back to that Cardio Sculpt class next Tuesday since it thoroughly kicked our butts and really made us "feel it"! As she said to me yesterday, “it’s not like we didn’t make it through the whole class, even if we are sore.” So you may hear more of my whining later next week when I’ve suckered myself into taking the class that doth cause me pain. ;)

On the opera front: I’ve really gotten into the world of producing. My current projects are the Summer Concert Series starting mid-August where we’ll be presenting Donizetti’s Anna Bolena, Mozart’s Die Zauberflote (The Magic Flute) and Tchaikovsky’s Eugene Onegin. On October 30th I will also be producing a fantastic Gala Event at Merkin Hall in the Kaufman Center which I’ve titled Wagner, Verdi, & Vodka, all with Opera Manhattan in which I have been given the title and position of co-Executive Director. I’m currently trying to arrange a vodka sponsor for the gala, we’ll see who the lucky vendor will be that gets to present their premium vodka to our cultural patrons. In November I’ll be singing Musetta in a new, modern version of La Boheme, in December I’m producing Humperdink’s Hansel & Gretel and in February the One-Act Opera Festival may change to the New Composers Festival where we will present new works by new composers. After that, we’ll have a few months off and then in June of 2011 we produce Carlisle Floyd’s Susannah.

I’m hoping when the madness calms down, I’ll get to take a week off in December or January and go to some Tropical locale. The Maestro and I are talking about a romantic getaway to some all-inclusive resort where we can relax and recoup from the drains of opera season…but my schedule is still pretty heavy during that time, so we’ll see how it works out…I may have to wait until late February to get away.

Today I meet with Challis and the Maestro for a lunchtime work-out and then after work I’ve got a date with the Maestro to go to the movies. I’ve come to a sort of peace when it comes to the movies these day, I can actually go and watch a movie without getting popcorn, soda, and/or other high calories snacks…but just in case, maybe I’ll sneak in a low calorie treat.

I have to say with the current work-out regiment, the great support from my dear friends, the mindful healthy eating, and the goal of a tropical vacation in the winter that includes me in a bikini, I may find myself in great shape before I know it!

Have you set your goal today?

Just checking...have a great day.
-Bex

1 comment:

Roma said...

Heya, My name is Roma and was was just reading and enjoying your blog .
I find your writing really engaging and refreshing. I am 15 and have just set upa blog, and really don't know how to do all of this stuff and was hoping you could maybe just read a bit of my blog (if only a couple of sentences) and tell me if it's ok?! Please do say if it's rubbish!
Thankyou ever so much, hope you achieve your goals and get into the bikini :)! xx