Thursday, July 29, 2010

Feel the Burn

I've just started the glorious habit of taking work-out classes with my friend.  I have to say, that even though I generally work-out 3 to 5 days a week, I'm not as in shape as I thought!  Infact, the Cardio Sculpt class we took on Tuesday kicked our butts...it was like Jillian Michaels on crack...she would have been proud.  We're both still whiny and sore from Tuesday, but we have continued to forge through and continue to work-out everyday, even through the "pain"...you know, the good pain...so I'm proud of us too.

Tonight we take Masala Bhangra, a class I haven't taken in months...but now my schedule is open and I'm free to take the class.  I have to say I prefer taking dance classes, they always seem like you're playing instead of working.  Next Monday I believe we have Zumba on the schedule, but in the meantime, Friday & Saturday will be good old fashioned cardio and Jillian's 30 Day Shred.

Did I mention that I was whiny and in serious soreness?  For example, my quads and glutes are so sore that it hurts to sit, take the stairs, and generally just walk...no really, my legs have almost given out on me as I walk around the office.  It's the worst when I've been sitting at my desk for hours and I've gotten all stiff from the inactivity...oye!

On top of all that, the Maestro is finally back from being in Europe for the past 5 weeks, so we've been going on dates, catching up, and working-out together too.  Since yesterday, he's been meeting me and we've been doing cardio on my lunch hour.  So yeah, I'm feelin' it!  We'll see how long I can keep this up.  I know the lunchtime work-outs won't last too long because his schedule is about to get really busy, but it's nice for now.

So now to get some food in this body and then off to the gym...again.

Have a great day!
-Bex

No comments: