A few tricks of the trade for my successful weight loss so far. I will put it down here so that I can come back and review when I need:
1. Eat something first thing in the morning. Generally I find a piece of fruit and/or some almonds in the morning are a great way to start out.
2. Eat a good solid meal for lunch. I'm usually famished by 2pm when my lunch hour roles around, so I make sure my "biggest" meal of the day is at this time...definitely have some good protein and lots of veggies here.
3. Snack, snack, snack...I always have almonds or a piece of fruit (apple) on me so when I do feel hungry, I can just have a quick bite...keeps me from eating bad or being tempted later.
4. My last meal of the day is usually before 7pm...THIS is so crucial to my weight loss. It gives me enough time to burn the calories before I wind down for the evening. And eat absolutely nothing but water after 9pm.
5. Tea...since you're off dairy on the Paleo Diet, I found that replacing my coffee with tea accelerated my weight loss in a way. I drink tons of green tea actually...but try to cut it off before 3pm if you can or you may find yourself unable to sleep later.