Monday, October 18, 2010

Paleo Rocks...get it?

The Paleo way of life truly rocks (nod to our cave dwelling ancestors).  I feel amazing, I'm down 16 lbs. and I have energy to spare.  A few cheats here and there with some red wine and a bit of chocolate.  And I highly recommend the "Secret Shake" at the bottom of this blog.  Talk about a great way to start your day...this really kicks you into high gear, I find myself sprinting up the subway stairs in the morning.  This probably also falls under a "cheat" as I use whey protein, but there's no lactose involved, so I'm pretty sure it's ok, PLUS I'm seeing fab results!

Pictured to my left was one of my lunches from 2 weeks ago, and what I'll be having for lunch today  :)...sooooo delicious.  I really love rotisserie chicken.  I've also been heavy into roasting veggies in a little bit of olive oil with salt & rosemary.  The general medley of vegetables roasted have been a mix of onions, carrots, parsnip, and yellow squash...sometimes I will bake a Cornish hen or chicken with them too.  Think I may do a pot roast sometime this week as well...yummy!  Some of you have been asking about the link that got me interested in the Paleo Diet in the first place, so I'll attach a link for you to read up on it yourself:  http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2010/09/19/paleo-diet-solution/

On the opera front, Godiva Chocolate will be sampling at our big Wagner, Verdi & Vodka Benefit Gala on October 30th (we're doing a tasting today at the Ansonia...mmm), and there are two designers who will be dressing some of the ladies for the event, including myself.  I go for a dress fitting tomorrow at Gustavo Cadile's studio.  I'm so excited.  His dresses are GORGEOUS...just hope I can fit in one...I know I'm "not a fat opera singer" per se, but I'm definitely not of the super model variety when it comes to the waif like apparel.  He says he has size 6's in the studio...so here's hoping!

I'm off to my lunch date, so enjoy the lovely shake recipe below...and be good to your body.


Here's the recipe to Jackie Warner's Secret Shake. This is a meal replacement, and is supposed to be ultra healthy, help you burn fat, and help your recover faster from your work-outs. Yeah, you need a blender for this...I know it sounds gross, but it doesn't taste as hideous as it sounds...the berries cover everything.


1 Scoop (low-glycemic) Protein Powder  (I am currently using Isopure - Vanilla)
1 tsp. Glutamine Powder
1 tsp. BCAA Powder
1 tbsp. L Carnitine (I am currently using the liquid, rasberry flavor)
1/2 tbsp. Flaxseed Oil
1 Cup Frozen Spinach
1 Cup Frozen Berries (have fun, blueberries, strawberries, rasberries)

Have a great day!
-Bex

No comments: